Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

$2500 is enough to buy a good machine, so yes, you're in a financially beneficial
position.  And what's worse, 25 compared to the age of 120, or 4.77 at the age of
100MHz?  I'm not saying I'm some kind of godlike hacker, but I learned more about
code optimization by using a slow machine than most ppl will learn on a fast one.
Big-O notation is worthless... writing up my own version of PlainJump on a 386,
liking the speed, and then watching it crawl on my XT is what taught me that I had
to code better.
And if you make devices with expensive equipment, chances are you have money to
spare.
Observo strikes back...  Having money to spare = financially comfortable.
CK

Grant Stockly wrote:

> You think I'm rich!  My grandparents don't want to have taxes taken out of
> their moeny if they pass away, so they gave us the moeny to buy a computer.
> Actually, then gave us $20,000 and we used 1/8 for the computer.
>
> I ran off a 25MHz computer when 120MHz computers were cool...  :)

Follow-Ups: References: