Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

>What's more challenging?  Running a BBS in a G3, or running a BBS off of a 555
>timer?
>The less you have, the more you can do.  Look at all the actual shining
>stars in
>most hacker communities.  It's not the kid who had mommy and daddy buy him/her
>the biggest, fastest, newest machine in existence, it was the poor SOB who
>managed to get an XT when 386s were cool.  I speak from experience.  A
>friend of
>mine always had the best machine available, and I used an XT from '86 to '95.
>So, he can d/l all the pr0n he wants, but I can bring his system to its knees
>within 5 minutes, by either getting to his command prompt, opening his box, or
>just waiting for him online.
>So there.  THAT'S the REAL reason I, and maybe others, won't always
>believe you.
>I've never seen a rich hacker, and neither have most of my friends.

You think I'm rich!  My grandparents don't want to have taxes taken out of
their moeny if they pass away, so they gave us the moeny to buy a computer.
Actually, then gave us $20,000 and we used 1/8 for the computer.

I ran off a 25MHz computer when 120MHz computers were cool...  :)

Follow-Ups: References: