Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

>I'm not saying I'm some kind of godlike hacker, but
>I learned more about code optimization by using a
>slow machine than most ppl will learn on a fast one.
>Big-O notation is worthless... writing up my own
>version of PlainJump on a 386, liking the speed,
>and then watching it crawl on my XT is what taught
>me that I had to code better.

With the advent of faster and increasingly faster CPU power, I've noticed
that professional programmers get sloppier and sloppier with their
programming.  Therefore there should be some sort of law that states that
all commercial programmers should program and test their code on
computers at least 4-5 generations older than the current generation,
resulting in amazing programs that ROCK on a P][, G3 or whatever you
have.

Sam

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool, shun him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a child, teach him.
He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep, wake him.
He who knows and knows that he knows is wise, follow him.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: