Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

>$2500 is enough to buy a good machine, so yes, you're in a financially
>beneficial
>position.  And what's worse, 25 compared to the age of 120, or 4.77 at the
>age of
>100MHz?  I'm not saying I'm some kind of godlike hacker, but I learned
>more about
>code optimization by using a slow machine than most ppl will learn on a
>fast one.

And you are the one saying I should use a powerful chip to do a powerful
task?  The AVR with optimized code gets better transfer rates than a 486
25.  The first version was slow enough to trip the timeout.

>Big-O notation is worthless... writing up my own version of PlainJump on a
>386,
>liking the speed, and then watching it crawl on my XT is what taught me
>that I had
>to code better.

Avr and HD, same thing.

>And if you make devices with expensive equipment, chances are you have
>money to
>spare.
>Observo strikes back...  Having money to spare = financially comfortable.

Getting samples = Free.

Follow-Ups: References: