[A92] Re: 24K limit

[Prev][Index][Thread]

[A92] Re: 24K limit

>I meant you should make _your_ source public. I can't tell you what's wrong by
>looking at the PC version of it. Maybe this 'almost no code to port' is the
>problem?

Possibly, though the problem happens even when I cause my code not to be
included and compiled (using switches, etc.).  I'll clean it up a bit and
try to get it on the web.

>Trying to port David's Forth in another attempt, but I'd really like to know
>what exactly is wrong with your program.

*grin*  Me too.
The IDE seems to have issues with projects this large (~600K), and I'm
almost tempted to wonder if that's the problem.  (Not the least of the
issues is that when it's loading, it goes out and reads in all the files,
as one would expect--and puts this pretty but ALWAYS-ON-TOP "opening files"
window up that doesn't let me do WORK. *grin*)
For the moment, I'm taking the lessons I learned from pForth and crafting a
Forth-like language called Thurd.  It's mostly just to keep hammering out
my C skills despite the stumbling block--I don't really expect it to go
anywhere.
Looking at David's source, I realize that I have no clue what needs to be
moved over to port from the Fargo kernel to a nostub environment (which is
my goal), so that may have to be left up to others.
Cliff Biffle