[A92] Forth-92 (Was Re: Middle-level language for TI calculators (Part

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A92] Forth-92 (Was Re: Middle-level language for TI calculators (Part Deux))

>I'm definitely interested and just the other day on the
>comp.lang.forth some folks were discussing porting to TI-92+, etc.

That's coincidental.  I've just introduced the members of my favorite
Esoteric Programming Languages mailing list to the TI-92, and now we're
theorizing about applications, too.  (Though over there we're mostly
talking about Turing-tarpit languages and optical
Babylonian-clay-tablet-cuneiform readers.)

>Have you looked at David
>Kuehling's version for the TI-92? It has some nice features.

I had totally forgotten that it existed!  I remember seeing it once, and
I'm currently having a hell of a time finding it on ticalc.org.  Can you
give me a pointer?

If anyone on the list has any Forth-implementing experience, I'd like to
swap ideas with you.  Namely, I'm trying to work out how to keep execution
fast in an environment where RAM addresses change frequently (i.e. perhaps
using heap handles), and some ideas on incremental compilation (perhaps an
intermediate parsed bytecode stage?).
Cliff Biffle

Follow-Ups: References: