Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

>>$2500 is enough to buy a good machine, so yes, you're in a financially
>>beneficial
>>position.  And what's worse, 25 compared to the age of 120, or 4.77 at the
>>age of
>>100MHz?  I'm not saying I'm some kind of godlike hacker, but I learned
>>more about
>>code optimization by using a slow machine than most ppl will learn on a
>>fast one.
>
>And you are the one saying I should use a powerful chip to do a powerful
>task?  The AVR with optimized code gets better transfer rates than a 486
>25.

Umm, grant, get your head out of the clouds :).

You're comparing a puny 8 bit AVR with a 32 bit architecture with a
floating point unit and 8k of L1 cache.  It can do a 32 bit memory
access in half of a typical AVR cycle.  I *think* it can handle a bit
more bandwidth.

Just look at the SpecInt's if you're still confused.

-Mel

Follow-Ups: References: