Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Terry Peng wrote:

>BTW, try to program a sqrxz/mario-like game for Zshell. See how slow it
>is.

An early version of sqrxz does exist for Zshell, and it's fast enough.
The main problem I have with it is blurring during movement, but I suspect
that's do to the display and not the program.

Has anyone tried Daedalus under Usgard?  I'm wondering if there's any
speed improvement, as Daedalus is arguably the most processor-intensive
game currently available for the TI85.  It's an impressive achievement in
any event, and I'm surprised there aren't other 3D games for the TI85.
Faceball and Specter aren't graphically complex, and can be rendered
without greyscale to save some speed.  Hmm, which brings up another
thought...

Would it be possible to link together more than two TI85s?  There's an
adaptor that lets up to four Gameboys be connected and share a game.  If
something were built that took anything it received from one calculator
and sent it only to the others (and had some sort of buffer, obviously),
and software was written to add some sort of address to the outgoing data,
theoretically you could play multiplayer games over a sort-of-network.

Heck, I've wondered if it'd be possible to write a TCP/IP stack for TI.
Probably not (not enough memory; mabye with one of those memory
expanders?), but it's a neat idea.  And it is possible to access the 'net
with your TI85 (Rterm); not very useful, but it gets style points.

--
Brian Dysart               |     Ours is not to reason why...
bdysart@rahul.net          |     "...and eight for the fruit bat."

Follow-Ups: References: