Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wrote:

> For what MY opinion is worth to anybody out there, OS/7 is the best
> shell made, because it happens to be the SMALLEST, and contains the
> LEAST junk!!

Well, I have to disagree with that. Just because a program takes up more
space does NOT mean it has more junk. Also, Usgard externally saves
memory (outside the actual shell). The programs for it are more
optimized. So while it SEEMS as though you are saving mem, you are
saving not much and losing extra rom calls, interrupt support(saves LOTS
of mem) and multiple (customizable) TSR support which is not even
possible on the other shells.

>  Also, who something is programmed by means NOTHING, as
> being a good programmer doesn't mean you can't STILL program junk (note:
> not meant to offend anyone.. just the truth!)

OK, I think you misunderstood me there... What I meant was that, with so
many great programmers making the shell, they knew what programmers
needed to make their code more and efficient more powerful.

Of course there may be situations where Usgard is not a better choice...
but most of these are when you program for your personal use.

BTW, try to program a sqrxz/mario-like game for Zshell. See how slow it
is.

--
Terry Peng <tpeng@geocities.com>

Follow-Ups: References: