Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

At 04:51 PM 9/12/97 -0700, you wrote:
>An early version of sqrxz does exist for Zshell, and it's fast enough.
>The main problem I have with it is blurring during movement, but I suspect
>that's do to the display and not the program.

The Usgard version does not have much blurring in the movement.

>Has anyone tried Daedalus under Usgard?  I'm wondering if there's any
>speed improvement, as Daedalus is arguably the most processor-intensive
>game currently available for the TI85.  It's an impressive achievement in
>any event, and I'm surprised there aren't other 3D games for the TI85.
>Faceball and Specter aren't graphically complex, and can be rendered
>without greyscale to save some speed.  Hmm, which brings up another
>thought...

No speed increase because 1) it wasn't written for Usgard and 2) it has
self-relocation.  Without self-relocation the project would have been
impossible.

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...