Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...

>I was surprised to see this site....didn't think anyone had actually taken
>the time.
>
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/9295/
>
>Mentions a lot of good points in the PC/Mac debate, including things I
>didn't know - lack of AGP in Mac architecture,

The site must be over a year old.  Its there now.  (has been for 1 1/2 year.)

>lack of multilinking (kind of
>pointless nowadays with DSL and CM, but still cool),

multilinking in what format?  They have that.

>lack of protected
>memory,

windows doesn't have protected memory either.  Run Linux on it to get
protected memory.

>lack of pre-emptive multitasking,

They've had that for 1 1/2 year with 3rd party software.

>lack of efficient memory
>management,

They added windows/linux style memory management 1 1/2 year ago.

>lack of multi-instancing (ouch!  How do you Mac users live
>without that?!),

In what way?  You get more than one program if you want to run it more than
one time.  Most programs just open up the documents in new windows so you
don't need to waste memory running the same program multiple times.

>lack of minimizing or maximizing (another bummer!!)....I
>could go on, but I'll let the site speak for me....

Nope.  I have that on my 1993 computer.  Its there!

I don't know where this site came from, but it sounds like a little 6th
grader site.

Follow-Ups: References: