Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...

Ok, if this below is the biggest flaw you could find, then I've made my
point. I'm sorry, I had been told it was a separate pack. Anyway, how
many of you on this list are using multiple modems? What a joke...

>>WRONG!!!! Go to a win98 pc, and look up Multilink. BAM! it's built in.

Ok, fair enough, But the point is that Macs can run TC/IP. And that
Appletalk is used. Come on guys, address the rest of it, or try. But the
thing is, that page was incredibly wrong. Jeezus, it said Kai's Super
Goo didn't exist on the Mac. Wrong..So much was wrong, and I only have
so much time to combat the BS. Please, get some real facts. And as for
who've I've talked to about setting up networks, lots of people with
experience in both. I know that doesn't give a lot of context. But try
setting up both, see which you prefere. And yeah, you even mentioned the
BUILT-IN ethernet card. Are Macs really more expensive? Not by much. I'm
sick of this whole debate, throughout the net. Both computers are valid.
Windows has proliferated due to unfair business prwctices, and also
because they have good marketing. Mac OS is good, Windows is good, you
can use either computer, I prefere my Mac. But please don't show me "50
advantages to a PC" when the facts are wrong.

>>Hmm... Our work uses AppleTalk, and it seems like anything that uses
that
protocol always needs resetting, like our macs, and our laserwriter
printer(the only things that still use this). Everything that does the
big
time graphic processing is all TCP/IP(all our ibms, and the 3 xerox
servers)
And if you live almost anywhere in the US, you can go prove this, just
go
over to a Kinko's copy shop.

And I don't know who you've talked to about setting up a PC network, but

I've never had a problem. Yes, you already have a built-in 10baseT net
card,
but other than that, it's about the same difficulty.