Re: TIB:New programer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB:New programer

Jared Neilsen wrote:

> I'm fairly new to Basic programming and fist I'd like to ask is there a
> big enough difference between the different calculators to specify witch
> one your using?  I'd also like to know is there some way to store a
> variable inside a program?  So that you can save a bit of information to
> use the next time the program is run without creating an external
> variable?  Also is there some way to center text on the program screen
> for the 92? You can do it manually with the output command but if it
> ever changes you have to go and re-do it.

82/83 basic is pretty similar, and 85/86 basic is pretty similar.  92 basic
is different from the rest, and is similar to basic on the 89.

There is no way to edit a program from within a program (as far as I know).

Is there a function to find the length of a string on the 92?  (I'm a bit
rusty on my 92-basic).  If so, you could use that and center the text using
the output command.  If not, I don't think you can do it.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, HTML, and Support