Re: HP's and TI's calculator output rate

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP's and TI's calculator output rate

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998 10:20:53 -0500, Richard Goedeken <dont@you.dare.spam.me>
wrote:
>hitting
><enter> had a darn slow response time (at least on my 48gx)..  Probably
>.2 to .5 seconds..

Hint: you don't have to wait for the LCD to update!  I always type
ahead on my 'SX - it removes your "waiting" time.

>> Of course, I like UNIX and CLI's, not Windows and GUI's.
>
>I used to be die-hard CLI fan, and now I still prefer a CLI, but realize
>that
>GUIs are useful for some things as well..  I don't like MS, but Windows
>has

I'd much rather use Emacs than MS-word for instance:  I can extend whatever
functions, keystrokes, etc, I want to and change the interface.  This is
not possible with MS-Word for example.  If you want to do something they
didn't anticipate, you are SOL.

>Maybe you know my officemate (BS/MS ECE, German, something else) - his
>name is Brian Vanderpool.. Ever heard of him?

<jaw drops>.  Yes, we worked in the same "lab" for the last, umm, 4 years?
His 3rd major is CS, I believe.

-z

--
# Zak Smith        smithz@cae.wisc.edu (pgp)    http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~smithz
# Univ. of Wisconsin - Madison MSEE Student.   Geek.   "UNIX - it sucks less."

Follow-Ups: References: