Re: What chip!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What chip!

>Alright, let get this straight.  MHz doesn't count for much, yet you use
>MHz as the basis for your argument.  So the G3 is MHz for MHz faster than
>any Intel processor, there are companies out there claiming 300-400MHz
>chips, I know Mac has a couple, but I have yet to see a Mac that can make
>a Pentium chip look like molasses.  Hell, with your argument, a 133Mhz
>486 should be fater than a Pentium 100.  But everyone knows that just is
>not true.  If anyone believes this this, I would be happy to trade my 486
>for a Pentium any day.  So, comparing MHz to MHz alone means little more
>than squat.

Read what I wrote one more time and I'm sure you'll understand. Anyhow, the
discussion is over for me.

/Per Hjeltman

--
"According to the Infinite-Monkey Theorem: If we'd put an infinite number
 of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters, one would eventually bash

Do you believe in Macintosh? Please check out:
<http://www.evangelist.macaddict.com/>