Re: What chip!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What chip!

>SPECfp95 with just about any little PII. MHz doesn't count much, but
>the G3
>is MHz for MHz faster then any Intel processor.

Alright, let get this straight.  MHz doesn't count for much, yet you use
MHz as the basis for your argument.  So the G3 is MHz for MHz faster than
any Intel processor, there are companies out there claiming 300-400MHz
chips, I know Mac has a couple, but I have yet to see a Mac that can make
a Pentium chip look like molasses.  Hell, with your argument, a 133Mhz
486 should be fater than a Pentium 100.  But everyone knows that just is
not true.  If anyone believes this this, I would be happy to trade my 486
for a Pentium any day.  So, comparing MHz to MHz alone means little more
than squat.

-calc82
c82@juno.com

Follow-Ups: References: