Re: Correcting Was: "Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?"

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 05:47 PM 8/7/97 -0400, Andrew Wendt wrote:
>Go to an average computer software store. There you will find programs that
>need Windows to run. And they have a list of requirements your computer must
>fulfill, such as having the right amount of disk space, memory, etc. Because
>it is a Windows program, it will require Windows. They don't bundle Windows
>if you don't have it, or extra memory in case you need more.

It was an example, understood?

>The program in question is a Windows program. Obviously it requires Windows.
>That is why people don't expect Windows to be in the zip file. Your argument
>about this is really pathetic.

Again, example. You're quite literal, and alltogether funny by being so =).

>If there was something on the SuperHAL web page saying "This program requires
>VBRUN100.DLL in order to run" people wouldn't have been surprised by this
>requirement.

Apparantly you haven't seen the HAL web page.  They barely had time to make
a link to the zip itself.  I mean, c'mon, how hard is it really to find the
damn dll? Or can't you figure out how to "point and click your way" around
yet? =).

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Wipe The Smile Off My Face"   |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |

Follow-Ups: References: