Re: A89: TIGCC IDE in Linux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TIGCC IDE in Linux

Hi!

|     I have no clue! If I get some more motivation i will probably try to
| find out though. As far as i know, I do not have a copy of delphi though.
| am kinda thinking that there may be a version of delphi for linux... seems
| like i saw on the CD's I got with Red Hat once; but i don't remember.

Yes, it's called Kylix.  It's both Delphi and C++ Builder for both Windows
and Linux.  Supposed to come out soon.  It has a slightly different
component library, though.  I won't be getting it for money and disk space
reasons.  I don't even have enough space to install Linux. :-(

On a sidenote: Someone should really try to recompile TIGCC under Linux.
(hint hint!) ;-)

| > Yeah, it IS Pascal (Object Pascal, to be exact).
| Really, so Delphi is like c++ is to c?

Delphi is to Object Pascal like C++ Builder is to C++.  But Object Pascal is
to good old Turbo Pascal like C++ is to C.

| :) Glad someone besides me sees the humor in this... I saw it in the
fortune
| on Slashdot and couldn't resist cutting and pasting it over and over and
| over and... well you get the idea :)

Wonder if it applies to opening a TI.  Haven't tried yet.  I'll tell you
whether I could make some use of the IBM maintainance manual when trying to
close it again. :-)
No, by all means, I won't be opening my TI-89.  Ever.

Did it say what kind of device this was?  I wonder what kind of stuff people
would disassemble in 1925.  A refrigerator?

Bye,
Sebastian Reichelt

Follow-Ups: References: