Re: A85: permanent varibles

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: permanent varibles

this isn't too difficult.  ok here is the code you need:

have a label in your game somewhere like this:

Score:
.dw 0		;score is up to 64K

If bc has the score you want to load, do this:

ld hl,Score
ld de,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
add hl,de
ld (hl),bc	;score now in permanent memory

also somewhere in the program, you need to set a flag telling ZShell
that you modified the string (at the Score data location).  you can do
this at the very beginning if you want.  i hope it is correct, i don't
have the ZS header file on my computer, so take a look in there.

ld hl,,ZS_BITS	;set zshell flags
set 0,(hl)	;program has been modified

that's it!

-mike pearce