Re: A85: IR link idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: IR link idea

>In a sense I believe this, but with a little rewording.  I think we all
>worry about our image but we really don't have to.  Our image will find

I never worry about my image, and neither does anyone else...  And who ever
says the "cool" minitory can't be good at electronics...  It realy depends
who you talk to...  There are about 4 "cool" gropups at my school, and none
of then ever thinks a second about taunting me...  Probably because one of
these things:  1.  I beat everyone in the weight room by 20 pounds (bentch
pressing),  2.  When someone says, look, calculator guy, I could care less.
3.  I realy don't care what people think of me.  I'm me and being me is
what I'm supposed to do.  and 4.  maybe its because I skate and belong to
one of the 'cool' groups.  :) I realy don't think you should have to worry
about your image...  Those others who make funb of you are probably
thinking inside, "gee, if I don't get smart like that guy I'm getting no
where"...  And then when the smart guys make fun of the 'g's, its because
most of their moms won't let them wear pans 30x to large and they think
large pants will make them homeys...  Well, I beleive everything except the
part about the gs and smart guys...

Basically, just make the ir link...  I bet 99.9% of the people that make
fun of you would be jealous that they cant, or didn't think of something as
neat.  There are adults who play laser tag.  If not to play the game,
you'll at least have gained some programming/hardware knowlege...

>us.  The popular people aren't popular, they are just part of the
>majority of people who share a common image within an area.  Just as I
>believe the people on this list will seem popular to a person who wants
>to be on the list because they feel they share our common interest, but
>that portion of their image does not appear as clear as other parts of
>their image so they in turn hang out with a bunch of people who also have

DOn't agree with that...  I usually decide on a day to day basis wether or
not to hang out wiht the skaters or 'computer nerds'...  Someone asked me
quietly once why I was near them, and I got pushed over the edge...  I
started yelling about what made "them" not human, or insurperior to him...
Then he got embarased and him, or none of the other skaters ever bothered
the 'computer nerds' again...  I don't know whats up with some people that
makes them feel like they have the right to come up to someone in school
and treat them like dirt.  I hate it.

Oh yeah...  I also choose if I want to hang with the girls...  :)

>similar images.  I know a girl who has the greatest personality and I
>find very attractive.  To me she seems very popular in this way.  I ate
>lunch with her and I noticed that she eats like a guy.  She has a big
>appetite, takes big bites, you name it.  I can assume she's not too
>popular with the rest of the cheerleaders at lunch.

Shes attractive and has a great personality!  Go for it!  :)