Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

Terry Peng wrote:
> > None of my programs use anything that Usgard has in it.. Therefore my
> > programs wouldn't be any smaller if I used usgard!
>
> Your program does not use JUMP_,CALL_,ROM_CALL_,or internal variables??

I'd just like to clear this up!  I _DO_ use jumps, calls, etc.. But with
PhatOS relocation, I can STILL do this without adding the program
offset, as it is already accounted for by the compiler!

Oh, I also make my programs just for myself, and they only work on MY
rom version (don't even go through the shell.. just a call to the
address in rom)

> OK. Not taking into account relocation (since you don't make jps and

Usgard is NOT the only shell with relocation!  Please understand that,
and accept that ANY relocation fixes the adding-the-program-offset
problem

> But in general Usgard is the right shell for people who want to make
> programs with widespread users. (All the programmers I know)

Well, meet one who doesn't!!

> like TASM can. But I'm assuming that 99% of Mac users are incompetent :)

<chuckle> I agree with you on that ;)

--
*  Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart  *

Follow-Ups: References: