Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

Terry Peng wrote:
> Usgard really is a better shell. I don't believe that you can still find
> a competent programmer who thinks that it is not the best shell by far.
> I can guess that the writer of the original message either is not a
> programmer or has not programmed for Usgard before. You can tell it is a
> good shell because it is made by THE BEST programmers out there.

I do not want to get into any wars over which shells are better..
However, your comment above about ALL competent programmers believing
Usgard to be the best shell is not correct!  A _TRUELY_ competent
programmer can program well for _ANY_ environment, and I've known MANY
who prefer environments with the LEAST extra features!!

I tend to consider myself a decently competent programmer on the Z80
(surely enough of one to disprove the above statement you made!), and I
still prefer ZShell over programming to utilize the features of CShell,
Usgard, or any other shell made! (actually, I use OS/7 because of its
size, and the fact that I don't often run ASM programs anymore on my
calc..)

For what MY opinion is worth to anybody out there, OS/7 is the best
shell made, because it happens to be the SMALLEST, and contains the
LEAST junk!!  Also, who something is programmed by means NOTHING, as
being a good programmer doesn't mean you can't STILL program junk (note:
not meant to offend anyone.. just the truth!)
--
*  Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart  *

Follow-Ups: References: