Re: A85: DJNZ

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: DJNZ

Michael Wyman wrote:

> Regarding those comments earlier about first learning to program:
>
> When I first started programming in ASM, I read Rodney Zaks book...
> This book mainly outlines concepts and has an overview of Z80 ASM
> commands.
>
> After a while however, it will probably not be needed by more
> experienced programmers, and manuals might almost be better... I have
> the books
> from Zilog, and I actually use them for reference on commands.  I
> don't
> think that Rodney Zaks book could do as well for this (besides, only
> libraries seem to have it around, and I don't want to have to check it
> out
> every time I want to look up a command to check affected flags!)  Once
>
> you know concepts, all you need is to know the commands.
>
> ~Michael
> wyma0012@tc.umn.edu

But that's the great thing about Zaks' book!  It has a *great* section
describing each of the commands with detailed explanations of what is
modified, the time each instruction takes, the actual opcode for each
instruction, and just about everything else you'd want to know!  Once
you're done reading the intro part in the beginning, that's its most
useful part! :)
    Later,
    Sam

--