A85: Books (was Re: DJNZ)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Books (was Re: DJNZ)

Sam Davies wrote:

> But that's the great thing about Zaks' book!  It has a *great* section
> describing each of the commands with detailed explanations of what is
> modified, the time each instruction takes, the actual opcode for each
> instruction, and just about everything else you'd want to know!  Once
> you're done reading the intro part in the beginning, that's its most
> useful part! :)

The Zilog books also have that. Not only do they tell you the time
elapsed, they also tell you the number of Machine cycles and T states.  They
even have an opcode chart that makes looking up opcodes easy. They also have
detailed technical information about the hardware, and the interrupt system.
(And the books are free)

BTW, I have looked in my local library for Zaks's book, I even looked it up
on the computer catalog. It seems that there isn't a single copy in the
entire Houston Public Library System! None of the bookstores have it. Is
there anywhere I can buy it, and how much is it?

--
Terry Peng
email-	tpeng@geocities.com

Follow-Ups: References: