Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

----- Original Message -----
From: David Knaack <dknaack@geocities.com>
To: <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Friday, July 30, 1999 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

> From: J D <starkruzr@hotmail.com>
> >> Before my time, I started programming on the TRS-80 model III, and that
> was
> > >in
> > >basic.  I started with Turbo Pascal 3 when we got the then $3000 Epson
> QX-16
> > >(with dual Z80 and 8088 processors, pretty knifty system, still runs
> too).
> >
> > Still runs?!  On what?  CP/M?!
>
> Yes indeed, it will run CP/M or MS-DOS (some sub version of 2).  Generally
> it sits
> in the ValDocs main menu.  Anybody remember that?
>
> Thats the machine I learned most of what I know of assembly language in,
> using
> nothing but an 8088 instruction set listing, dos debug and the SideKick
text
> editor TSR.  I actually wrote some stuff that worked.  Like a little
program
> that
> would change the font that DOS used.  You had to draw the characters in
> every
> time you wanted to change something.
>
> >> What I find amusing is that while I'm still relatively young (24), many
> of
> >> the new
> >> programmers I run into haven't a clue how to use DOS.
> >
> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  THAT I find to be quite pathetic but
unfortunately
> > not too unlikely.  In the GUI age of modern computing, no one needs the
> poor
> > little command-line anymore....::sniffle::
>
> Well, I can't complain too much, I prefer a GUI, but at least I know how
> use
> a command line...
>
> What I do complain about is GUI's that are difficult to use, thats
annoying.

> DK

The problem I've found with many GUI's is that when their made easy to use
or efficient they can't seem to be the other... Basicly the problem is that
every GUI is somewhat made to the makers liking, so it's easy and maybe even
efficient for the maker but anyone else can run in to problems... To avoid
that I mostly use only fully customizable GUI, so that I can make it easy
and efficient for me...

       Markus Räty
(markus.raty@usa.net)