Re: TI-H: radio link...what's stopping us?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: radio link...what's stopping us?

50mw, or about 1300feet in EXTREMELY good conditions is the furthest you
could transmit in the USA.

You live where ever 'se' comes from, so you should check out your local
laws.  In AK, we can bave up to 10watts, but in the lower 48+1 the max is
50mw.

Since you don't want to go too far, I suggest you just use 3meter.  2meter
will get ham guys all anal, and 1.25meter is (well, you said) too expensive.

PCBs for something like this would only be $97 (for 2, price goes down with
quantity).

Then you need a realy fast T/R relay, 12bit res ADC/DAC (single chanel is
cheepest, but if you had more you could also use it for data acquisation).

You could use the dac part to build a 5khz sound card on the link...

But, you will need a uC.  llook at www.scenix.com.  I'm sorry, but the HC11
isn't good for software modems.  We all know how well the winmodems are...
:/
	The processor has to receive a dozen or so values from the dac,
average them, and figure out if it was a 1 or 0.  Much more happens, but
just all of the addition and division makes the 68k ugly.  :(

Gant

>I'm on my way to EE :)  and a ti link does not need 2Mbit speed or 2km range..
>you dont even need 100m range..  20-30m would do just fine.. and that makes
>stuff a bit more easy. I hope I can prove you wrong sometime soon ;)
>
>//Olle
>
>Grant Stockly wrote:
>>
>> There isn't much difference.  Take a look at these links, become an EE,
>> then try it.
>>
>> Cell phones, enet cards, cordless phones all use the same basic technology.
>> The only thing that is different is the protocol layer.
>>
>> >I dont know what you are thinking, but a tilink shouldnt need to be
>>anything
>> >_near_ as complicated as building an wireless ethernet card. (even if you
>> >probably can make it that complicated.)
>> >
>> >//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: