ATTN ASM PROGRAMMERS!!! YOU ARE NEEDED!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ATTN ASM PROGRAMMERS!!! YOU ARE NEEDED!!

Now every one knows that the quadratic equ., foiling, and factoring is a
big part of high-school math and also on the psat, sat etc..Most people
have a good quadratic equation and foiling program that runs fairly fast
on there 82.  But a DE-foiling or factoring program is needed badly,
especially one that works fast. So I made a basic program which goes
through lots of number combinations until it finds the right one (all
combinations between -8 and 8 NOTE:ASM version should go through -20 to
20) But this program takes 30 minutes or more to find the answer so it
is useless.  But in asm it would rock! So here is my basic program
easily convertable to asm.
prgmDEFOIL (TI-82!)

:Clrhome
:Disp " --AX2+BX+C--" <2 is the squared symbol>
:Output(8,1,"DE-FOIL BY I.W.
:Prompt A,B,C
:For(S,-8,8
:For(T,-8,8
:For(U,-8,8
:For(V,-8,8
:If ST=A and SV+TU=B and TV=C
:Goto Z
:End
:End
:End
:End
:Lbl Z
:ClrHome
:Disp "(  X+  )(  X+  )"
:Output(1,2,S
:Output(1,6,T
:Output(1,10,U
:Output(1,14,V
:Pause

To input the numbers just have the user press the up or down arrow to
dec/inc the number. The For loops would be the hardest to get straight
in asm so be careful.  And I really hope someone writes this in asm, it
will help out a lot of people!!!
 -TIA Ilya W.