Re: A89: Re: Street Fighter

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Street Fighter

Kaus wrote:

> > Also, debugging takes so much time.  Uploading the file to the calc/emu.
> > Exhausting all possibilities of moves, contermoves, etc.
> >
> I think you are the one who seriously does not understand debugging
> procedure.

No one understands me.  Not understanding debugging, but understanding
me.  As to your comments Kaus, I thought that SF2T was still in the beta
stage?

BTW, can you explain how I seriously do not understand the debugging
procedure?  I thought I had a pretty good method myself.  And haw can
you tell I dont understand it?  By my saying that it is a lengthy
project? Of course its lengthy, all the moreso with a huge game like
SF2T.

> When I initially code a program, sometimes it does not work at all.

That happens alot.

>  The way
> you make this sound, why do people bother to debug at all?

Explain to me when I said this (or meant it).

> Why not just
> write the code the first time, and asssemble, and distribute?  Saves time
> definitely.  But nothing would work.

Again, I never said this.

> Where are you going to draw the line between debugging nothing, and makeing
> sure a program works perfectly everytime? You don't.  You make it work
> perfectly everytime, or you are not a true programmer.  Anyone can program,
> it takes a true programmer to master the fine art of debugging.  But it is
> an art which must be mastered.

I totally agree.  I hate people who put out final copies of the
games/progs that are buggy, and they know they are buggy.

Now, if you understand debugging so well, then why dont you go ask
Thomas and Pierre if you can go help them?
(Please excuse that comment, but I had to get it out).

> --Kaus

This is why I dont like chatting software and the such.  Its so easy for
misunderstandings to arise.  All I meant to say was, give these people
making SF2T a break.  Its a great game, and as you can tell they have
been working on it alot.  So Im sure that future versions will be out.
But until then, if you dont like it because it crashes, then dont put it
on your calc.  Seems logical, eh?

Follow-Ups: References: