Re: A89: Enough is enough

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Enough is enough

>Ehrmm....   have you read what this list name is? it says _assembly_-89...
>not
>Basic-89...  it is not that he doesn't like you basic programmers (you
>also seem
>to suffer from some sort of complex..)
>The thing he points out is that this list is about _assembley_ programming on
>the 89.. NOT Basic..   feel free to start a list for basic programming on the
>89, but this list should remain an assembly list..
>THAT is what he is saying.. NOT that basic is bad..
>and I FULLY agree with him...

Sorry, thats not the point I'm trying to get accross.  I was kind of irked
by the "real programers" thing though.  I've used BASIC in the past on this
list to illustrate algorithms, and it's a good tool for that.  The letter
he was origionally responding too simply suggested looking at BASIC
programs for ideas on how to do something.  I'm also not saying that I'm a
real programer, I'm not.  But if you define a "real" programer -- like I do
-- by profesionals, the people who write the software that runs the world,
then none of us are.

I don't think there really is any BASIC talk on this list, except to
illustrate algorithms.  Since I don't really feel like writing out a page
of asm to discribe an algorithm that takes 5 lines of BASIC, I'm going to
keep using it for that puropose.

	--Nate