Re: A89: Enough is enough

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Enough is enough

>I could be wrong, nope. I'm right. Wrong mailing list. This is not a
>TI-BASIC mailing list! I have over 1700 messages
>and I could have sworn to god I did not join the TI-BASIC mailing list. Why
>are all the discussions about BASIC? If this
>got any more off topic then it would become like the TI-86 mailing list.. No
>worry though, I think it is time for me to start
>a *real* mailing list for real (asm) programmers, invitation only, of
>course. Feel free to flame me :)
>
>Later,
> Matt Johnson

I hate to get all hoity toity on you, but you need to remember that you're
writing programs for _calculators_.  You may think basic programers are
stupid because the language is easy to learn, but it's a very powerful
language.  I spend my days writing programs for _computers_ -- those big
useful things you keep on the desk -- and know from experience that the
simplest langages (Perl, Tcl/Tk) are often the most powerful.  If you were
a real programer, you would write an on calc compiler for the 89, like all
the other real programers did for computers 30 years ago.  Real programers
don't use assembly, they hate assembly.  The only assembly programs that
real programers write are OS kernels, device drivers, and compilers.

	--Nate

PS: I must admit though that I'm sick of people writing letters about "how
do i turn my calculator on?", "where is documentation for the m68k".  But
that's just me.  After getting asked questions like that at work, I hate
spending time downloading them at home.

Follow-Ups: References: