Re: A89: Enough is enough

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Enough is enough

Ehrmm....   have you read what this list name is? it says _assembly_-89...  not
Basic-89...  it is not that he doesn't like you basic programmers (you also seem
to suffer from some sort of complex..)
The thing he points out is that this list is about _assembley_ programming on
the 89.. NOT Basic..   feel free to start a list for basic programming on the
89, but this list should remain an assembly list..
THAT is what he is saying.. NOT that basic is bad..
and I FULLY agree with him...

//Olle

Nathan Mueller wrote:

> >I could be wrong, nope. I'm right. Wrong mailing list. This is not a
> >TI-BASIC mailing list! I have over 1700 messages
> >and I could have sworn to god I did not join the TI-BASIC mailing list. Why
> >are all the discussions about BASIC? If this
> >got any more off topic then it would become like the TI-86 mailing list.. No
> >worry though, I think it is time for me to start
> >a *real* mailing list for real (asm) programmers, invitation only, of
> >course. Feel free to flame me :)
> >
> >Later,
> > Matt Johnson
>
> I hate to get all hoity toity on you, but you need to remember that you're
> writing programs for _calculators_.  You may think basic programers are
> stupid because the language is easy to learn, but it's a very powerful
> language.  I spend my days writing programs for _computers_ -- those big
> useful things you keep on the desk -- and know from experience that the
> simplest langages (Perl, Tcl/Tk) are often the most powerful.  If you were
> a real programer, you would write an on calc compiler for the 89, like all
> the other real programers did for computers 30 years ago.  Real programers
> don't use assembly, they hate assembly.  The only assembly programs that
> real programers write are OS kernels, device drivers, and compilers.
>
>         --Nate
>
> PS: I must admit though that I'm sick of people writing letters about "how
> do i turn my calculator on?", "where is documentation for the m68k".  But
> that's just me.  After getting asked questions like that at work, I hate
> spending time downloading them at home.

Follow-Ups: References: