Re: A86: What C-compilers have we got? [82/83/83+/85/86]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: What C-compilers have we got? [82/83/83+/85/86]

Bah! The Z80 wasn't designed for C. Rather, C isn't a language which favors
the z80.
Implementing the C language relys heavily on stack access, indirect memory
access, and larger chunks of linear memory.

Matt

> I would, but there are no compilers out there that actually WORK. I've
> tried small c, and that just didn't seem to align text and stuff like that
> properly...Other C compilers just didn't have the necessary functions
> included - I could make a text basted game at best.
>
> rabidcow@juno.com wrote:
>
> > does anyone really program in c for the 86?
> > i'd think the 9k limit on regular asm progs & the oddness of structure
> > required for larger programs would make a c compiler kind of
> > inappropriate.

Follow-Ups: References: