Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

Jimmy Mårdell wrote:

> Excuse me, but the shell you describe as the "one last shell" matches
> Usgard quite much...

This is right on target... being a programmer myself I thought of making
a shell, including all of the features I wanted, but then I realized
that Usgard had all of those.

Usgard really is a better shell. I don't believe that you can still find
a competent programmer who thinks that it is not the best shell by far.
I can guess that the writer of the original message either is not a
programmer or has not programmed for Usgard before. You can tell it is a
good shell because it is made by THE BEST programmers out there.

> Working as a group is NOT I bright idea. 2, or maybe 3 ppl is possible,
> but more would just make it VERY hard. Working in groups is possible
> when dealing with _huge_ programs (like Win95 or something...) and
> when dealing with highlevellanguage (and OOP). In assembly however,
> and especially when you want things SMALL, working in groups
> is a very bad idea. Has anthing written be more than 3 persons
> ever been finished? I seem to remember a fligh simulator project
> with >10 ppl involved... nothing much happened there :)

I don't think that anything with more than ONE person has been finished,
unless there was one main programmer.

--
Terry Peng <tpeng@geocities.com>

Follow-Ups: References: