A85: getting Usgard to work?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: getting Usgard to work?

After hearing such great things about Usgard (and finding out it can run
ZShell programs), I decided to try it.  However, I haven't been able to
get it to work; it never gets past the ROM patching.

I've got a TI85 with version 8 of the ROM, I believe.  I'm using the grey
cable and TI's software, transferring the data from a Macintosh (which
shouldn't make a difference: I've transferred ZShell just fine).  I've
tried both the standard and lite installations, and neither works, but
they give different errors.

The standard installation shows the "press custom-f1 message", but when I
do that, nothing happens and the menu disappears.  If I try it again,
nothing happens (and the menu stays there), and if I hit ENTER, the busy
indicator shows up for a bit.  Shortly later, I get a "14 not found"
error, and if I select GOTO, I get "15 RAM error".

With the lite installation, I press custom-f1, a screen shows up that says
"Constant= Value=" (not sure which function that is), then I get a "RAM
FAIL" message, and the memory is reset.

Has anyone else had similar problems with Usgard?  I'm using the latest
release, downloaded from the Usgard web page.  I'd greatly appreciate any
advice anyone could offer.

--
Brian Dysart               |     Ours is not to reason why...
bdysart@rahul.net          |     "...and eight for the fruit bat."