Re: A85: Assembly-85: Why It's Starting To Stink!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Assembly-85: Why It's Starting To Stink!

I don't think you fully understand why all of the new shells came out.
Their *intent* is to make a shell that surpasses ZShell.  Every shell
released includes (if nothing else) new Rom Calls.  So if any game
used one of these functions, there goes ZShell compatability.  What if
the new shell that came out was ZShell 4.5 and it supported
relocation, libraries, blah, blah, blah.  It's purpose would still be
to surpass Zshell 4.0.  But for some reason, I don't think there would
be the same complaints if it was ZShell 4.5.

-mike pearce

>true.. :) that's why i haven't tried sqrxz (err what version? the newest
>one) because it's for usgard, (i'm not flaming it).. and well i just
>don't want to hassle unzipping files picking which backup to put on my
>calc.. which libraries.. etc.. to just try out a beta game.. heck if it's
>easier then yeah i'll try it.. but it's not.. so i won't..
>
>and again.. games/programs made for a CERTAIN shell (that's NOT zshell
>compatible) is a *BIG* HASSLE for users.
>---
>-nXt
>   nxt@geocities.com     http://nxt.home.ml.org  OR:
>   nxt@juno.com