[TI-H] Re: TI Networking.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: TI Networking.

At 13:58 2001-05-08, you wrote:

>What if you just had a brief delay at the beginning of a linked game/chat
>room/whatever where each
>calc sent out its address and was somehow given a corresponding ID
>(1,2,3...)  You would still
>have to have a tiny bit of human intervention-choosing a 'central' calc
>that would assign the IDs,
>but it could be interesting.   I think it's probably better to just go
>with user input, though.
>Less programming too.
>jeff

How do you propose that sending would work?
wich calc would send first? wich next? how do they know? how would you
guarantee that no calcs tried to send at the same time? (just listening to
link activity doesn't guarantee that two calcs try to start to send at the
same time)
User input is certainly the simplest yes.
Maybe it isn't worth the effort to do anything fancier...

///Olle