[TI-H] [OT] Panasonic MD400F720PD1 plasma display

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] [OT] Panasonic MD400F720PD1 plasma display

Someone just inquired me any informationon the above mentioned plasma
display and I started wondering, maybe someone here would have encountered
such a device. I've had mine in a Toshiba T3200 laptop since 1990 and out of
it for a few years, since the laptop broke. For these few years I've been
trying to find any information on how to connect it to screen output for use
in ie. a server, as a neat slim side-mounted display, but to no luck. No-one
seems to know anything on this except for the obvious few details that can
be seen on the display. The display was made by Panasonic/Matsushita under
the product-id MD400F720PD1 and has an onboard-controller with the
product-id M400F720BDT(52). The controller states being made in Japan, but
has a strange triangular company logo on it, like a triangle with arrowheads
on every tip. The controller has a 20-pin connector for data (similar to an
IDE-connector for example, but with only 20 pins), a 4-pin connector for
brightness and contrast controls (controlled with potentiometers on a
separate card) and a 4-pin connector (with one of the middle pins cut off)
for power. Also the back of the display is full of TI-chips with the
markings J918EJ58P18, SN75 and 5108PA (these markings are all on the same
chip and there 2x6 of these chips, 6 on each horizontal side).
So, thanks anyway if anyone cared to read even this far and I'd be forever
grateful if someone would have any information on these.

   Markus Räty
(markus@raty.as)