From: "Adam Thayer" <krevinek@matrix-z.net>
To: <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 4:31 AM
Subject: [TI-H] Re: OT [Fwd: Fwd: : PRECIOUS!]

> --- "Nick" <zaphod@coe.neu.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> >the world's oldest propaganda machine - religion.
> >
> >--nick
>
> Not exactly how I would put it... but close. Religion is more along the
lines of the most *abused* part of culture, being used as an excuse to
control/persecute others. Although I guess if you don't lump Faith/Belief
and Religion into the same category, then you are right... Faith is swell,
but 'Religion' is dangerous at times. (ex: Holocaust, Inquisition, Crusades,
etc) I just wish that something this off-topic and touchy of a subject
doesn't come up again. If it wasn't written by someone so young, I would
have been offended by a couple of the remarks (Christian and Atheist are not
the only options...), being of non-Christian belief myself. That said, I
forgive the mistake, just please keep things like this off a list where a
diverse group might read and take offense.