[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

Yeah, the $4 serial link is a cheap substitute for a real Texas
Instruments 'black cable'. The bcc2 ("black cable compatible 2") cable is
more likely to work on your computer, but still, it's not the real thing,
and isn't *guaranteed* to work, but it's more likely to work.

For me, the $4 didn't work at all (just froze the calc), the BCC cable
(http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~fmhess/bccsl/bccsl.html) didn't work
either, and the bcc2 one works fine.

The TI black cable is relatively cheap; you could save yourself a big
headache, and spend not much more money if you buy the actual TI
cable. So, keep that as an option. :)

- GM