[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

So let me get this straight, the $4 serial link is a cheap
substitute. It works but not on all computers, so there is a
chance that the link I have works perfect, but won't work on my
Compaq. The bbc2.gif might work better because it has a wider
range of hard ware that it works on. Or there is a chance that
the stupid link I have doesn't work right at all, but I have a
Compaq and TI-83+, they aren't the greatest things in the
world. I checked www.ticalc.org and the only software that
works on the TI-83 plus and the serial link is the Graph link
thing software. Is there a chance that it's that and not the
link?

How much would it cost to build the bcc2.gif link or would it
just be better to buy the one from www.ti.com?

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, David Knaack (dknaack@rdtech.com)
wrote:

> From: "Social Outcast" <sjaguar13@ureach.com>
> > What's SPICE?
>
> A high-end software based circuit simulator.
>
> > So the $4 serial link is a pile of crap and I need to build
> > bcc2.gif thing?
>
> The $4 serial link works for many people, myself included,
> however, it is a hack, and does not meet the specifications
> for devices attached to RS232 ports, and so might not work
> with your particular hardware.  It does work with most
hardware.