[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

From: "Gary Marsh" <gmarsh@thezone.net>
> I drew up both circuits in SPICE, and created models for the TI link port
> and EIA232 serial port.. and simulated both link designs. And found out
> that neither!! of these two links put EIA232 compliant voltages on the
> serial port.

heh, should be able to tell that by looking at it :)
Fortunately most hardware is pretty good with out of
tolerance values.  However, I suspect many of the problems
that people run into are a result of less-tolerant hardware
(and shoddy construction and ill-fitting parts).

> So, I designed/built this circuit, which works fine in SPICE:

Cool, do you have a PCB layout for it?

DK

Follow-Ups: References: