[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Serial Link + Calc Freeze = ?

I've built both the BCC and $4 serial links, and had the same
thing. Wouldn't work, calc would freeze even after the link's been
initialized by the software, etc...

I drew up both circuits in SPICE, and created models for the TI link port
and EIA232 serial port.. and simulated both link designs. And found out
that neither!! of these two links put EIA232 compliant voltages on the
serial port.

So, I designed/built this circuit, which works fine in SPICE:

http://www.engr.mun.ca/~gmarsh/bcc2.gif

It's what I'm presently using, and a couple of my friends are using it
as well.

Hope this helps.

- GM