Re: TI-H: Re: Calc speed and LCD.

[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Calc speed and LCD.

There are essentially two problems with 'overclocking' LCDs:
1) LCDs are finicky chemical devices that act a lot like capacitors.  Over
voltages can destroy the chemical component of the LCD, and since they are
capacitive the frequency is set for the specific properties fo the chemical's
capacitance.  Messing the with frequency probably won't destory the LCD, but it
is possible.
2) By varying the frequency you are affecting the on/off time of the LCD.  While
the LCD will operate over a wide range, the further you go out of the center of
that range, the less variable the contrast is, which will affect your viewing.

-Adam