Re: TI-H: More AVR Qs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: More AVR Qs

>From: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
>> There are different models, and the 603 isn't that good.  The 103L is
>> better.
>
>Yep, and one of them will just about make the $25 minimum :)
>
>>There are also different part suffixes.  -4AI means its 4MHz and
>> comes in a weird package.
>
>Heh, the SSOP, the smallest package.  5.3mm wide in this case. I think I'm
>going to have to break down and get some new tips for my soldering iron for
>that one, assuming its even possable to solder it down without frying it.

1.  Get a sander, and take all the shine off your iron.
2.  lightly coat the pcb with flux
3.  run the tip down the pins until all 4 sides
4.  Madly dump flux and solder on your iron to get it tinned again

Thats how I do it.

I regularly solder 100 - 180 PQFP parts.

>Grant, I don't suppose you have a couple extra 2323's I could buy? I'd like
>to try working with them, but I don't really want to spend another $25 bux
>in parts just so I can get one.

I only have one from Marshal that was a sample.

You can get up to $15 of samples from Marshall.  Why don't you get some
Atmel DataFlash (256kbyte/512byte) and the 2313 from them.

>>>I think a clock of 1MHz should be about right, so I could use a 4MHz or so
>>>crystal and divide by 4.  Does it sound like I'm on the right track here?
>>
>>Yes.  Much cheeper than buying a high accuracy clock for $10.
>
>Great, one thing tho.  How do I go about dividing down the clock?
>Presumably I'll need some kind of counter for that?

Just a second...