TI-H: Linux problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Linux problems

Hey Grant.  This one is thrown to you.
I have my linux box in my room, no network, but working fine.  Or it was.
Today I coudknt get the mouse to work, and I havn't used the mosue in a
while , so it mihgt have been dead for a long time.  anyway, im not sure if
its hardware or software, but that isnt my current problem.  I was playing
around and put a command in the rc.M script to go into runlevel 4 (X system)
but since my mouse wont work, i cant do diddly in X
now on reboot, it goes right to X, so i cant get it to stop cause i cant get
to a terminal without the mouse
you see my problem.  I was wondering if there is any way to stop the rc.M
script from firing all the way, or switching back to runlevel 5, so that i
can get back to my goodold prompt term again.  without a bootdisk that is
or, from within X, (fvwm) how can i get a xterm session up and running
without the mouse?

please, man, you are my only hope! :)

--kaus