Re: TI-H: TI Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Modem

Grant Stockly wrote:

> >3.75 * 8 is 30 MHz.  That's the card's speed?  How is that 10MHz slower
> >than the
> >calc?.  10 MHz slower than the calc would be stopped.  I'm missing something.
>
> I quote myself "ethernet card running 10MHz slower than the calc" Ethernet
> card at 20, calc at 30.

Ok, Grant.  Let's go all the way back to my original email.  I assumed a NORMALLY
clocked TI92, and have specifically said "10 MHz" and "normally clocked" in every
email since.  Sure, with a 30 MHz TI92 I am sure that transfers of that speed could
take place.

Let's stop here and start over.  Even through much miscommunication, I think it is
clear that 1.7MB per second or 7.5MB per second whichever it may be is considerably
faster than 5KB per second, would you not agree?

> >> So, it can be done at 10MB to the memory, and 7.5Mbyte to the calc, 7.5/2
> >> if you want to do something with it.
> >
> >Not exactly...  close, but there is still an instruction fetch in there.
>
> According to the 68000 stuff that can be done quicker now (on the new
> embedded 68000 mot parts)

That would be good.

> >If the card has a 3.75 MHz bus that would be 7.5 MB to the DRAM and then
> >1.7 MB to the calc.
>
> The card and calc have a 3.75MHz bus.  8 clock cycles at 30MHz is 3.75MHz.

Um..  A 68000 uses 4 clock cycles per bus cycle.  Another embedded thing?

--
-Calan

Chris Lambert
clambert@ieee.org
Member of Geneva College Student Branch IEEE
Head of Marvin Robotic Development Team

Follow-Ups: References: