Re: TI-H: [OT] Un-TI-Hardware@somegenerousperson.net

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: [OT] Un-TI-Hardware@somegenerousperson.net

uhhh. YDRC (You don't recall correctly).  It was done under Linux, but there was
no id release of it under Linux.  I'm pretty sure it was the same deal with Q2,
although the damn thing uses so many DirectX calls, it's hard to tell at times.
And DirectSound, btw, SUCKS.  Hard, deep, and painfully.  I think it also chomps
down pretty nastily when it's doing so.  Why, do you ask?  Because DirectSound
output starts chopping the very instant any respectable level of CPU power is
needed for other tasks.
But anyway, there's always a solution.  I think it's called "developing for
Linux."  The game that I'm working on will be made to work under Linux, with a
Win9x version done as soon as the Linux version is complete.  Of course, my "piss
on M$" plan is to release the Linux version about a week before the Windows
version, and I'm sorry to say, no GPL this time.  I want to make money off of the
damn thing, and the GPL doesn't make that very easy.  But who cares?  If it's
good, it'll be up on warez sites the day I release it.  Now that's a mark of
respect (and lost profits, but hey, you win some, you lose some).

CK