Re: TI-H: [OT] Un-TI-Hardware@somegenerousperson.net

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: [OT] Un-TI-Hardware@somegenerousperson.net

Yes, the games were WRITTEN under Linux.  That doesn't mean a thing.  Because a
DirectX - based game must run under DirectX, the final phase of the development is
getting everything to work under that.  Thatnk god that id knows of the pure power
that is OpenGL.
and the z80 is NOT a clone.  It's a similar processor in terms of design, but they
are not interchangable.  Clone implies an exact copy.  If that were the case,
Intel could've just slashed prices on the 8080, and we'd never see a z80-based
calculator.
And I know about the wonderful games available under Linux.  But SQuake is a
hack.  Think about that.  The code runs fine under Linux, but it was done by
others.  This is starting to change, but the main reason that many games exist for
Linux is because people have hacked the original to pieces.

CK

Grant Stockly wrote:

> IF the game wasn't made under linux, its probably cheep!  : )  99% of games
> were written for linux and then ported to the application since linux is
> such a great OS.  Most SNES and GENESIS games were written for linux first.
>
> Quake I/II is available for linux.  So are other good games...
>
> Intel 8080 (Z80 is a clone of the 8080)  ; )
>
> -The FIRST public domain portable hardware mp3 player-
> http://gussie.alaska.net

Follow-Ups: References: