Re: TI-H: TI Network - TIN

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Network - TIN

1. As a programmer, you should know that a compiled app for one calc will
not run on another without an "emulator" of sorts.  I don't think that an 86
prog would run on an 82, do you?  And what about the 89/92?  They even have
a different processor!  How the heck could you run an 82/83/85/86 prog
natively on an 89/92/92+?  The ZTetris linking protocal is the only thing
cross-calc about it.  If you don't believe me, find someone at school with a
different calc than yours without ZTetris, and try to send it to them.

2. I think that the best way to handle multi-calc storage is for the calc to
attach an ID to the stored file, so another calc could see that "hey, this
just isn't my thing", and wouldn't run it.  I do not know if things such as
lists and matrices are cross-calc or not, but I imagine that an 82/83 list
would need to convert to an 85/86 list, which would need to convert to an
89/92 list.  (I hope I am wrong here.)

3. And about addresses, this just means that more calcs can attach, right?
So, if everyone in school that had a calc, they all would be able to use
this network?  How is this going to be implemented?  I don't think that
someone is acctually going to build a 200+ hub/connector.  Or, is it
possible to connect multiple hub/connectors together?

    calc

calc-hub-calc

calc-hub-calc

calc-hub-calc