Re: TI-H: TI Network - TIN

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Network - TIN

You are limiting yourself to the previous limits TI set for us!!  We can
uwse more than just the ti vars and strings for programs.  true, the
programs would be incompatible, ubt i dont see many problems with a bitmap,
or with a text file.  i nver would use any network file server to save
matrices or lists!

At 10:47 PM 10/19/98 -0500, you wrote:

>1. As a programmer, you should know that a compiled app for one calc will
>not run on another without an "emulator" of sorts.  I don't think that an 86
>prog would run on an 82, do you?  And what about the 89/92?  They even have
>a different processor!  How the heck could you run an 82/83/85/86 prog
>natively on an 89/92/92+?  The ZTetris linking protocal is the only thing
>cross-calc about it.  If you don't believe me, find someone at school with a
>different calc than yours without ZTetris, and try to send it to them.
>
>2. I think that the best way to handle multi-calc storage is for the calc to
>attach an ID to the stored file, so another calc could see that "hey, this
>just isn't my thing", and wouldn't run it.  I do not know if things such as
>lists and matrices are cross-calc or not, but I imagine that an 82/83 list
>would need to convert to an 85/86 list, which would need to convert to an
>89/92 list.  (I hope I am wrong here.)
>
>3. And about addresses, this just means that more calcs can attach, right?
>So, if everyone in school that had a calc, they all would be able to use
>this network?  How is this going to be implemented?  I don't think that
>someone is acctually going to build a 200+ hub/connector.  Or, is it
>possible to connect multiple hub/connectors together?
>
>    calc
>calc-hub-calc
>calc-hub-calc
>calc-hub-calc